You may have a lot of emotions running through your mind when you realize that you need help with drugs or alcohol. However, once you admit that you have a problem, you can start seeking the help you need for your substance use disorder (SUD). Some people only look for treatment when it becomes unbearable, while others decide to get help at an IOP in Orange County out of force from the court or probation officer. No matter what, picking out the right facility makes all the difference.
Types Of Programs – Inpatient Vs. Outpatient
There are two types of supervised treatment options you can choose from. One is outpatient addiction and mental health treatment, and the other is residential, where the patient stays at the facility. In some instances, intensive outpatient treatment facilities are a great option for those who have obligations outside of treatment – work, family life, school, etc. Both approaches have been proven successful in treating SUDs.
Disadvantages Of An IOP In Orange County
It is important to know that the advantages of this therapy far outweigh any of the disadvantages. However, you need to know the bigger picture to make a smart decision. Some of the disadvantages of IOP programs include:
- Access to counselors will not be as readily available or close by as it would if you were taking part in an inpatient/residential facility.
- You will still have outside exposure to people and places that may have been usual triggers for substance use.
- Life happens during recovery, so you may have distractions diverting attention from your recovery path.
- While taking part in outpatient programs, you will not spend as much time with peers. This is normally a solid foundation and network for those in recovery.
Advantages Of An IOP In Orange County
Of course, many advantages come from outpatient recovery options. Some of these advantages include:
- Flexible, easy access to a range of treatment services while still involved in your daily routine.
- The cost is lower than a stay at a residential treatment facility.
- You may have more flexibility with the clinical setting to address your individual needs.
- IOP group therapy is a helpful tool that keeps you grounded and in touch with peers.
- A high-intensity IOP will give you a higher success rate than other types of outpatient approaches.
- You have the chance to build support with a community-based network.
- You will have more privacy with outpatient therapy versus inpatient therapy.
- There are chances to practice everything you are learning and apply skills outside of the program.
- You can participate in various groups from the start, such as Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.
It is normal to have many questions if you are trying to determine what treatment style suits you best when handling SUDs. We are here to address whatever concerns you may have at LIDO Wellness Center, and we would love to talk with you about our IOP in Orange County. You can call us at your earliest convenience by dialing (949) 541-8466, and a member of our team will be there to go over our programs, financing, and more.Iop Orange County