Life is beautiful, but fear and anxiety often prevent you from enjoying a fulfilling life. Fear and anxiety counseling in Utah can help you heal from the wounds of things in your past and present that prevent you from moving on with your life. Fears and anxieties are difficult to escape, but if you can identify experiences holding you back from living, fear and anxiety counseling in Utah can help guide you down a better path.
Don’t think you are alone with fear and anxiety. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, anxiety and fear disorders affect 40 million Americans a year. Anxiety and fear disorders are not the anxiety caused by a single stressful event but are disorders that last up to six months or more. They can get worse if you don’t treat them. Changes in life cause fear and anxiety, but they don’t have to cause these feelings. Talking with a fear and anxiety counseling group in Utah can help you relieve these feelings.
- A little fear is reasonable. You may often experience a “butterflies in your stomach” feeling. Having these feelings is healthy. Fear and anxiety can protect you from making foolish or dangerous decisions. It is when fear crosses the line into unhealthy anxiety or when it controls and disrupts your life; then it is time to begin dealing with your fears and anxieties.
- If your fear is irrational and erratic, you might have a biological disposition to these problems. However, medication is not always the answer to fear and anxiety problems. Medication can help with certain chemical imbalances in your brain, but an experienced therapist can also help you determine if your fear has a biological cause.
- Unhealthy fear may have its roots in a lack of trust. When you have been hurt by a family member or a trusted friend, it can often be difficult to trust others. It is good to place your trust in God, but it is often productive to find a good place that features fear and anxiety counseling in Utah who can guide you through the causes of your mistrust.
- Often anxiety disorders and fear are caused by physical distress. Regular physical exercise can help you by providing emotional benefits. Exercise releases calming chemical agents into your brain. Consult with your physician or fear and anxiety counseling in Utah to determine what type of exercise would best benefit you. Walking and swimming are excellent, and if you can exercise with someone regularly, you may find that anxiety disorders are easier to handle.
- When feeling anxious and fearful, don’t isolate yourself. Being isolated from loved one and friends is one of the worst things you can do. You are not alone when you face life’s challenges. You need the encouragement that comes from sharing your thoughts and feelings with others. Fear and anxiety counseling in Utah will provide you with a place to go when you cannot rid yourself of anxiety.
- Is your fear irrational or is there a cause? Self-examination that is honest and helped by a mental health professional is a great place to find the root of your fears. It becomes easier to overcome your anxiety and fears when you understand why or where they originally came from.
- Did you know that what you eat can affect body chemistry? Excessive caffeine, sugar and other chemicals stimulate and magnify anxiety. Try to cut out certain foods to discover if the changes affect your emotional state. Get advice from fear and anxiety counseling in Utah to discover the dietary root causes of your anxiety and fears. You will be so much better for advice and counsel.
- When you expect the worst and are unreasonably pessimistic about what will happen, you are causing yourself unnatural fear and anxiety. Thinking about the future can be stressful but take it in steps. Get through one day and turn to the next day. Think about what you will do tomorrow, not next year. The news is full of natural disasters that will often cause you fear and anxiety. Remember, however, it is a tiny fraction of people that get struck by a natural disaster. Try to prepare for a perceived disaster, and that will help you feel much better.
- Fear and anxiety are not feelings of unbelief in yourself, your family and friends or even in God. Excessive feelings of fear and anxiety are signs you are trying to live in a complicated place. Find the areas that complicate your life and simplify them. Share your struggles with a trusted friend or family member. Make an appointment with a trusted fear and anxiety couseling center in Utah.
- The statement “We have nothing to fear but fear itself” is true. When you think about fearful situations and scrutinize the outcomes, you may realize that things were better than you thought. You were protected and used your mind to get through the difficult times. Difficulties mold and shape you. Use your fears and anxieties to help you get through difficult situations.
It’s helpful to remember that anxiety is a normal and natural part of your life. Fear and anxiety are an adaptive response to stress or danger. Fear and anxiety help you to cope with tense situations and motivate you to work harder and stay focused on solving an important problem. Fear and anxiety help you manage many challenges in daily lives. It is when these feelings become excessive, irrational and debilitation you need help.
When fear and anxiety interfere with your ability to function in daily life or at work or school, it may be due to a medical condition, or it may be something that a fear and anxiety counselor in Utah can help you manage. Do not let your fear and anxiety cripple you into inactions. Get off your couch, stop feeling sorry for yourself, exercise, eat right, and make an appointment with Bloom Recovery, your natural fear and anxiety counselors in Utah.